The undersigned (“Volunteer”) releases iMishpacha, Inc., (“iMishpacha), a non-profit corporation organized and existing under the laws of the State of New York and each of its directors, officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns (together defined as “iMishpacha”). The Volunteer desires to provide volunteer services for iMishpacha and engage in activities related to serving as a volunteer.
Volunteer understands that the scope of Volunteer’s relationship with iMishpacha is limited to a volunteer position and that no compensation is expected in return for services provided by Volunteer; that iMishpacha will not provide any benefits traditionally associated with employment to Volunteer; and that Volunteer is responsible for his/her own insurance coverage in the event of personal injury or illness as a result of Volunteer’s services to iMishpacha.
- Waiver and Release: I, the Volunteer, release and forever discharge and hold harmless iMishpacha from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind of nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from the services I provide to iMishpacha. I understand and acknowledge that this Release discharges iMishpacha from any liability or claim that I may have against iMishpacha with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from the services I provide to iMishpacha or occurring while I am providing volunteer services.
- Insurance: Further I understand that iMishpacha does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide me with financial or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health, or disability benefits or insurance. I expressly waive any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of iMishpacha beyond what may be offered freely by iMishpacha in the event of injury or medical expenses incurred by me.
- Medical Treatment: I hereby Release and forever discharge iMishpacha from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with an emergency during my tenure as a volunteer with iMishpacha.
- Assumption of Risk: I understand that the services I provide to iMishpacha may include activities that may be hazardous to me including those involving inherently dangerous activities. As a volunteer, I hereby expressly assume risk of injury or harm from these activities and release iMishpacha from all liability.
- Photographic Release: I grant and convey to iMishpacha all right, title, and interests in any and all photographs, images, video, or audio recordings of me or my likeness or voice made by iMishpacha in connection with my providing volunteer services to iMishpacha.
- Other: As a volunteer, I expressly agree that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of New York and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of New York. I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release is deemed invalid, the enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Release shall not be affected. This Agreement shall be in effect until a two week Notice of Cancellation is submitted to iMishpacha in writing and shall be valid until the expiration of the two-week period calculated from the receipt of such Notice by iMishpacha.
By signing below, I express my understanding and intent to enter this Release and Waiver of Liability willingly and voluntarily.